Huh. That's about all I have. No great words of wisdom because let's face it, it's just me. Here's how this happened, or a part of it at least.
The week between Christmas and New Years the Kindle version of Leaning was ranked on the Amazon paid list at over 240,000. Yep, 240,000. Toward the end of that week, I signed up for the KDP Select program, which allows Prime membership holders to borrow kindle books, receive free second day shipping etc. A perk to signing up for this program is a promotion on Amazon, contingent upon offering the novel for free for a few days. I set the days as 1/10/12-1/12/12. My novel hit number one in Free Literary Fiction by 7:00 pm MST yesterday. It remains there today.
What does this mean? So far, over 13,000 people have "purchased" the kindle version of the book as of today. While I made no money at all, I officially have a readership. What else does this mean? I have absolutely no clue! I do have some questions:
1) Will this translate? Will the high ranking remain the same when it goes from free to paid on Friday? I'm guessing not but we will see.
3) Will I gain more reviews on Amazon? I sure hope so but stay tuned.
2) Will my brain come back? Not sure. In case you didn't notice, I just typed number 3 before number 2...a possible side effect illustrating how full my sometimes feeble brain currently feels.
4) Ha! I got the numbering right! Even if the answer to number 1 is no, will the book be easier to find? Boy, I hope so because it took an act of god to find it before this promotion.
So you may receive a few extra blog posts in the upcoming week. I will post my free chapter tomorrow or Friday and then some extras as we will follow this crazy process.
5) At what rate, if any, will Leaning sell on Kindle after this promotion?
Now see, I just added number 5 after my closing, Like scarecrow, I really do need a brain...
Up, Up, and Awake:
Bound, coming soon!
Discovery Ski Hill, New Year's Eve 2012
George Carlin Bit Featured in Leaning
And it's Live! Just Like That!
The New Norm
Attention Self Published Authors! Submission Request!
Bound, The Sequel to Leaning
Screen Shot of Leaning on Amazon Best Sellers Page
Chronicles of a Wacky Week and a #1 Novel
Collection of Funny, Family Sayings
It's Never Too Late...
Flaws and Research